It is possible that many of those reading these posts and particularly those subscribing to the blog occasionally wonder how best they can benefit from what they read. At times they may find the post enlightening but not applicable to them. Sometimes the post maybe a tad too difficult to absorb and digest, whilst there are times, when the sheer weight of the underlying philosophy completely swamps the readers mind. The focus of these posts is to share with readers my perspective, occasionally give pointers for the reader to explore and in this process inspire, motivate and enthuse readers to find their own perspectives that they can leverage to lead a more fruitful and happy life.
Here are four pointers to get the most of these posts
Keep an open mind – There is ample truth in almost every form of communication one is exposed to provided one does not have a prejudiced mind or a pre conceived notion. We could be biased for many reasons but the worst bias is because we find the truth inconvenient. This could happen because we don’t want to change or because we are given a painful reminder of our wayward ways or because it thrashes our most cherished beliefs. By keeping an open mind, we would benefit from getting a variety of different and possible revealing insights, it is possible that we are woken up from a self induced slumber and it could at times be the key that unlocks our hidden potential.
Discern judiciously – For some people, every new learning seems just perfect to make their life blissful. They passionately believe that the new inputs would be the panacea for all their trials and tribulations. Their enthusiasm is soon tempered by the realization that the new learning may not necessarily suit their style, temperament or situation. It is therefore essential that one uses a judicious mix of common sense, pragmaticism, creativity and reality in discerning and choosing the learning best suited to us.
Attempt to adopt/ adapt the learning – While we do understand, appreciate and accept the numerous interesting points that we come across in our everyday life, we are often clueless as to how to make it relevant to our daily life. The secret lies in quickly assimilating the learning and adopting it to fit into our daily life. Many times we would have to adapt the learning to suit our unique individuality. What holds the key is implementation of the learning, believing in it enough to practice the learning till we master it and in a large number of instances working doubly harder to unlearn the bad practices that are ingrained in us.
Find new meanings – As human beings we are expected to go beyond the obvious; to explore, to discover, to create, to realize, to assemble, to reinvent, to stretch the boundaries of our imagination. One can and must do the same with the new inputs that one gets. The challenge lies in innovating, risking and imaginatively utilizing the learning to transcend beyond our comfort and possibly pain zone too. Like a caterpillar that has to struggle through its cocoon to become a butterfly, we too have to find new cocoons to struggle through before we can revel in the beauty of our success, achievements and self discovery.
- Make a greeting card (birthday/ wedding anniversary / congratulatory etc.) out of chart paper and other craft material and give it out on the next relevant occasion.
- On your next gastronomical outing choose a dining place that serves either Mexican/ Lebanese / French/ Greek cuisine.
- Gentlemen reading this post are encouraged to go to the kitchen and prepare one dish for a serving for 2 out of the available ingredients and surprise the rest of the family with their super dish.
- Ladies reading this post are encouraged to go to the parking lot and wash their vehicles ( car/ two wheeler) and discover the joy of tidying beyond the confines of their house.
- All of you reading this post and attempting the above are strongly urged to sent in their comments about their experience by clicking on the comment button under this post. Your feedback would be a strong testimony both for me and other blog followers as to how effective these blog posts are.
This post is courtesy www.actspot.com
You are also invited to visit our Inspirational and Motivational Blog