Ever thought of maintaining a happiness jar? Perhaps this year you should focus on just maintaining a happiness jar. If you have already made your list of New Year resolutions, just make this the first one on the list. If you haven’t don’t worry; just make this the only resolution for yourself. Just see the positives that you have been blessed with week after week and you would be surprised to note how blessed you have been round the year. To make it more exciting, perhaps you could also add for yourself one or more of the following in each week’s list
- A time when I made someone else happy.
- A situation where I acted assertively.
- A risk that I took that was worth it.
- A time I said No and am happy about that decision.
- A situation in which I failed, but learnt an important lesson.
- A risk I took of trusting someone and he/ she turned out to be worthy of my trust.
- You could also perhaps drop in a few coins or notes that could add to the contents of the jar and make it even more appealing when you open it.
- As and when you get a bright idea jot it down and also drop it into the happiness jar.
- Perhaps you could cut out a cartoon from the local newspaper or a quote you found interesting and drop that too into your happiness jar.
- Source a jar and some colored paper to get going. Ideally have a slit on the lid of the jar and ensure you tape the lid so that you are not tempted to open it off and on.
- You should make an effort to send a letter of appreciation or thanks to an old classmate/ teacher/ colleague during the course of the year and surprise them.
- Think of 2- 3 changes that you can make to your home/ your wardrobe / your personal style / your habits so feel a difference and enjoy the change.
This post is courtesy www.actspot.com
You are also invited to visit our Inspirational and Motivational Blog