Our focus is often on our problems, the challenges, our wish list, our woes and sometimes on the good that comes our way. If we net out all our thoughts, feelings and emotions, we would largely find ourselves as ‘poor me’ victims, yearning for something more so that we can make our life happy. In this process of craving and seeking, we make the capital mistake of not valuing, the extraordinary blessings that we are bestowed with. Actually, if you look with the mindset of an explorer, you will discover rich treasures around, whooping blessings bestowed and a series of tiny miracles that make life so meaningful and special.
The best way to discover these miracles in our life, is by using all our senses and seeking out those miracles in everyday life.
See – Observe the wonders around. It could be a bird or butterfly you have never seen before. It could be a wonderful painting or scenery. It could be a flower or leaf or fruit or insect or animal. Look out for books and videos that add to your learning, imagination, joy and intellectual stimulation. See the wonders around you; new products, new technology, progress in science and technology. See the numerous miracles happening around you.
Hear – Listen to people; lend them your ears; hear their joys, their woes, their anxieties, their hopes, their struggle and their exuberance. Find a connect that enriches you, because that will be something that make a difference to you. Perhaps it touched a chord in you; perhaps it evoked laughter and joy within you. Maybe you could be empathetic, and double their joy or halve their sorrow. Be a part of the miracle, around you.
Touch – Next time you give a pat on the back, or high five someone or hug someone, be aware of the effect of your touch on the other person. Have you felt the effect of another’s touch on yourself. Touch is a much under rated, often misunderstood and under utilized sensation which is far more powerful than most other senses. There is comfort, there is confidence, there is empathy, there is encouragement all rolled in touch. Reach out and touch the miracles within your reach.
Smell – How often are your tempted to smell a pretty flower. Not all flowers exude a pleasant aroma yet, the natural urge to smell the flower exits. Have you felt the strange effect, of a pleasant aroma of fresh food wafting through the kitchen and you beginning to salivate? Conversely, did the pungent smell of leaking gas, alert you to possible danger? It is time you realized that the gift of smell is one sense, that we have simply taken for granted. Next time you notice the aroma of incense or get the whiff of an enchanting scent, be aware of the miracles that the sense of smell has gifted you.
Taste – If I mentioned chocolates or ice creams or pudding, can you almost feel the taste in your mouth? Ironically, for some, pungent is a very alluring taste, whereas for most people, pungent is a repulsive taste. Have you tried different cuisine’s? Discover the magic of varied tastes and the miracles that flavor and blend can add, to make food a gastronomic extravagance.
- Make your own kaleidoscope or buy one and look at the innumerable patterns that can be seen, when you view through it.
- Take a magnifying glass and a piece of paper. Focus the rays of the sun on to the paper through the magnifying glass, till the paper burns. Notice the form, texture and smell of the residue.
- In the coming couple of months, make it a point to eat out, at an eatery that offers some specialty food that you have never tasted before. Pay attention to the texture, flavor, aroma and presentation of the dishes.
- Visit a school for the blind and / or a school for the hearing impaired. Try and communicate with them. Also observe the style and method, in which they leverage their active senses, to make their life even more engaging.
- Next opportunity visit a dairy farm or a stable and note the sounds, smell, touch the animals and understand what it means to be in that business. If you can, see a foaling and be part of the wonder of procreation. That is one of the greatest miracles you can personally witness.
This post is courtesy www.actspot.com
You are also invited to visit our Inspirational and Motivational Blog