Life is a constant challenge but not an impossible one. In fact with a little imagination and a lot of self belief, life can be made truly interesting the challenges notwithstanding. Just look around and you will find so many people happy and smiling. Very many of them would possibly be not so fortunate as you in terms of education, knowledge, financial well being, personal health etc. and yet they all know how to laugh despite their many challenges. The real challenge though is not merely to exist but to live and thrive with aplomb. To make that happen ensure you have an abundance of
Passion – Passion comes from within you; the depth of your emotions is the measure of your passion. The more positive emotions you feel very strongly about, the larger the intensity of your positive passions. Some negative emotions like anger at injustice, deep hurt felt when one fails, the competitive urge to succeed at all costs etc. also trigger passion that has a positive shade to it because it becomes an incentive to go for success. Passion is both a tremendous motivator as well as a source of unflagging energy that spurs one to action until one succeeds.
Compassion – This is passion for the less fortunate, the weak, the poor and the marginalized. This is a quality that grounds us to reality, allows us to explore the softer side of our personality and transforms us to being better human beings. Without compassion, we would be egoistic, uncaring, dictatorial, emotionless and cruel. We would almost turn out to be slave owners who saw the slaves as mere tools to meeting a personal end which is fueled by personal passion. Compassion allows one to experience empathy, stretches and exercises the heart muscles through the emotional pressure put on it and allows us a good reality check about how blessed each one of us is, as compared to the less fortunate around. Compassion brings balance and purpose to life.
Humor – A sense of humor is a vital quality that makes the human race so unique and special as compared to any other living specie. Humor is a bond that is perfect antidote to any pain. While physical pain can be alleviated with appropriate medicine humor is the all purpose balm that gives the quickest relief to psychological pain, worries, anxieties and nervousness. Humor not only calms the nerves but also peps one up with a sense of control, confidence and care freeness allowing the mind to be cool, calm and collected even in the most tense situations like in the case of an interview or when going for an operation. The ability to laugh at one’s own self is the highest degree of humor one can cultivate and sarcasm, poking fun at others and finding humor in another’s pain would be not only crass but counterproductive humor. Humor provides laughter to the heart and soul and when the heart and soul are happy, life becomes a breeze.
Style – Style is personalized statement that gives one a sense of unique identity. Style is often encapsulated in the outer presentation of person like the dress sense, the accessories, the perfume one uses etc. However style goes much deeper than that and is reflected in the mannerisms, the tone and tenor of communication, the behavior displayed in social situations, the control exercised when an emergency occurs and in substance of one’s interactions. Style is the living embodiment of upbringing, education and identity of an individual. It is an excellent barometer of the personality of an individual.
- Identify 3- 5 activities / causes / concerns that you are passionate about. Now pick one of these and outline how you can substantially contribute to the same and commit both time and effort to it in an orderly and disciplined manner.
- Can you think of at least 3 favorite jokes. Go an share it with a friend, a sibling and a new acquaintance. Did you feel they appreciated the joke or only politely laughed? If you slipped on a banana peel on a crowded street, how would you react to the embarrassment?
- Observe people around you and jot down the unique style statement they convey. What style appeals to you and what is the style that your detest. Can you identify the specific reason / s for your likes and dislikes of a particular style. What is the most unique style statement for which you have been complimented for.?
- You would certainly have a tremendous feeling of compassion but would possibly not really know how to express it except perhaps to give alms to the beggars or feed some strays. Can you attempt the following?
- Visiting an old age home and spend time with the inmates
- Visiting a prison and trying to understand them
- Spending time at an orphanage and playing with the inmates
- Visiting an animal shelter and understanding how they work and what they do
- Do visit a hospice and give solace to those in pain and fear.
This post is courtesy www.actspot.com
You are also invited to visit our Inspirational and Motivational Blog