A common lament often heard is that ‘ I am not creative’. The reality though is that each one of us is blessed with a wide and wild imagination. This imagination definitely sparks of creative ideas and hence each of us is exceedingly creative. Unfortunately, to our way of thinking, all our creative ideas seem stupid, silly or irrational in our personal assessment. On the other hand we admire the creativity of others particularly when the idea works. Remember the ZooZoo advertisements! Imagine for a moment that you got that idea. You can be sure you would not even share it for fear of looking like a fool. Yet there was someone who believed in that imaginative idea and the results are there for all to see. The advertisement arena is populated with fabulous examples of imagination resulting from intelligence having fun.
Here are 3 ways to spark your imagination
Soak in – The objective is to widen the scope of our intelligence. Use each and every faculty / senses we are blessed with. Read extensively; intensively; purposefully. Don’t shy away from new experiences, failures, possibilities. Accept praise, criticism and rejection.
Spew out – We can soak in only if we empty ourselves. The focus is on generating images, ideas, possibilities. Stretch the mind, the body and the soul. Take risks, defy convention, create your own path.
Sell it – This is the toughest phase because you sell the imaginative ideas to yourself first. Unless you believe in it no one else will. Visualize possibilities by adapting it, changing it, refocusing on the alternatives. Convince yourself by focusing on the end result, the success that is guaranteed and the power of yourself belief. Share it with friends, critics and customers. Create a demand, a customer and a sale.
- Think of a unique gift for your teacher the value of which must not exceed Rs.100
- Attempt at least one of the following and share it with a friend/ parent/ or email it to me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write an original limerick
- Drawing a cartoon or finding 3 different cartoons (each by a different cartoonist) that you love
- Create an (expansion) acronym for the word SPEED or DARE
- Create a PPT titled ‘ This is me’ – have not more than 5 slides and maximum of 5 photos
This post is courtesy www.actspot.com
You are also invited to visit our Inspirational and Motivational Blog