Some people talk about finding God, as if He could get lost. Anon
If you believe in God, you will never have to search for God; if you don’t believe you will never find him, but there is always the possibility that God will be revealed to you. When you know God two things will strike you as unique; Gods infinite Love and Omnipresence. Every living thing man or animal, plant or microscopic organisms is proof of God’s existence and his Love manifests in his ability to forgive us despite our constant sinning.
When someone says that he/ she is searching for God, the right interpretation is that the person is seeking peace. This is because Man has been blessed with the freedom of choice and wrong choices always trouble our conscience and disturb our peace of mind. Some may argue that illness and death are chiefly responsible for our disturbed state of mind and that we have never made a choice about these two, so why are we being punished? Your search for God is then your quest for these answers. More often than not, God answers you in the silence of your heart. Your surrendering to his will and your acceptance of the fruits of tomorrow even though it be bitter, are the test of faith that you will need to pass before you find peace and God.
When in acute pain and desperation, we often cry out Lord where are you? It is not us seeking him because he is lost, but us asking him to fetch us because we are lost. You will find God in every breath of your life, in the peacefulness of your heart, in the ecstasy of prayer and the occasional challenge of pain. Like a butterfly that eludes you when you chase it, but settles gently when you are still, God reveals himself when you stop searching for him but accept calmly that HE is within you every moment.
Remember: God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks to us in our conscience, but shouts in our pains: It is His megaphone to rouse a deaf world -C.S. Lewis
- Try holding your breath for 3 mins. You will observe that it looks impossible because when you run out of oxygen the body automatically makes you grasp for breath. What is the message in it from God?
- If you believe in God, list out the ways in which you show your love for him. How many of these ways are ritualistic? On what occasions did you feel that God did not listen to your prayers? Write down just 3 things for which you are most grateful to God! Reflect on the gifts showered by God on you every single day. Say a prayer of thanks before going to bed.
This post is courtesy www.actspot.com
You are also invited to visit our weekly Inspirational and Motivational Blog www.poweract.blogspot.com
Every morning I spend fifteen minutes filling my mind full of God, and so there’s no room left for worry thoughts. Howard Chandler Christy
Many people, particularly friends and well wishers have often asked me how I am able to keep up my New Year Resolution to write this blog every single day, in addition to my weekly blog (www.poweract.blogspot.com). I don’t worry about how I will write if I am out of town and don’t have access to the net connection. In fact I have consciously refused to look at the topic for the next day (this is taken from a PPT that I received which is actually put up by someone not known to me at all, and which is available on (www.actspot.com) Well truth be told, I am surprised myself, but the one secret is that I have never worried about the topic for tomorrow and what my response would be. In fact for Indian readers who have seen the movie 3 Idiots, there are times when I actually tell myself ‘All is Well”
Does it mean I don’t worry? Alas, worry will always be a constant devil that will chase you till your last breath; the antidote is ‘faith’. When we begin every day with a prayer on your lips, faith in God and yourself and a positive frame of mind, worry will be banished for the day. However, it may make the odd appearance, when your spirits are low and a task looks daunting or a situation looks bleak and desperate. Death for instance is a reality that everyone has to face; be it that of parents, siblings, friends, spouse or loved ones. Can we then in fear and hopelessness cower and slunk with worry? Sounds foolish but then if we are short sighted and seek escape in worry, we end up as nervous wrecks and not joyful beings.
The spate of suicides amongst us particularly the young, the youth and the students is ‘worrying’ to say the least and paradoxically is the culmination of their individual ‘worries’ seeking relief through desperate means. If all those who have suicidal tendencies, just pause to ask themselves one question ‘‘Will this last?’, they would have realized that most worries are by and large temporary, a few, more long term and a minuscule lot of our troubles are permanent and inescapable. Take the case of paraplegics, those suffering from terminal illness and those having mentally challenged children or siblings; they have worries of a long term and permanent nature. What is their response? They seek courage and hope in prayer and in themselves. As Paul Brunton correctly put it “Worry is spiritual short sight. Its cure is intelligent faith.” Suicide is escape from worries not a solution or a remedy.
Remember: “Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy.”Leo F. Buscaglia quotes
- Most of us are scared to even think of our worries; so you have to take that special effort to outline your worries now. It could be fear of exams, apprehension about your relationships, career prospects, financial stability, a personal illness or that of a loved one etc. Once you list it down, ask yourself if the listing down makes you more anxious or more relieved that you have identified it? Now for each of the worries identify who can help you or who can you confide in and share with, your worries. Meet them at the earliest and try to get guidance and solace.
- Many of your worries are actually your lack of faith in yourself or your dogmatic refusal to address the concern under some garb or excuse. Be honest and review your list of worries and ask yourself if the problem is s gigantic or desperate as you make them out to be? Can many of them be partially addressed by you accepting that you have to do something about it? Are you ready to take that effort? Are you afraid, ashamed or defiant to seek help?
- Ask yourself the following questions and be proactive in your response! If you see that someone is in trouble and worrying, are you prepared to go that extra step and offer your help? Do you have the tendency to say that ‘ I don’t want to get involved’? Are you scared that getting involved would make me more caught up than what I really see myself wanting to? Do you realize that Listening is the best help that you can give to someone with a worry? Can you spare time to just LISTEN to another?
This post is courtesy www.actspot.com
You are invited to also visit our weekly inspirational and motivational blog www.poweract.blogspot.com
When we lose God, it is not God who is lost.
When in deep anguish or pain a common refrain for us humans is a pitiable cry ‘ God where are You?’ In that instant, fractionally we lose our belief in God. However, it is when we cannot overcome our grief and pain and reconcile to accepting that God is myth, that we truly lose God. At that point some of us turn agnostic, a few peripheral believers and most atheists.
The irony of the situation is that our new belief that God is a myth only dulls our ache like a someone addicted to a pain killer, but true joy eludes us always. The reality tho is that GOD is still as caring and loving as always, unceasingly keeping a faithful watch over you.
Remember : Even when our faith in God is shattered, God never loses his faith in us !
- Make prayer a dialogue with God – not a ritual. Don’t forget to Listen to him, for only then can you have a dialogue.
- First be thankful for the joys in your life, the gifts of good health, family, wealth, status, education, friends etc. Then request for the wants that you seek, remembering always that not getting them, might be God’s way of telling you that he has better gifts for you!
This post is courtesy www.actspot.com
You can also visit www.poweract.blogspot.com for more inspirational and motivational post.